GDPR Chapter 1 - Art. 1
Subject-matter and objectives
- This Regulation lays down rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data.
- This Regulation protects fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons and in particular their right to the protection of personal data.
- The free movement of personal data within the Union shall be neither restricted nor prohibited for reasons connected with the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
(1) fundamental rights, Charter of Fundamental Rights, Article 16(1) (TFEU)
(2) fundamental rights, fundamental freedoms, single market, national economy
(3) harmonisation, fundamental rights, fundamental freedoms, free movement of data
(4) harmonisation, principle of proportionality, Charter of Fundamental Rights, right to appeal and a fair trial
(5) single market, free movement of data, cooperation, member states
(6) globalisation, exchange of data, technology, level of data protection
(7) legal framework, foundation of trust, single market, control of data
(8) clarification of rules, limitation of provisions, domestic law, coherence
(9) legal uncertainty, risks, level of protection, member states
(10) level of protection, public authority, fundamental rights and freedoms, special categories of personal data
(11) data subject rights, member states, sanctions, monitoring
(12) Article 16(2) TFEU, free movement of data, European Parliament, council